This section of ZANDZ.com contains a lot of useful information about grounding and lightning protection: terms and definitions, useful articles, manuals, and advice on the selection and installation of components.
The section will be useful for both novice and experienced electricians or builders.
Complete instructions on the selection of class I, II and III surge volatage protectors in low-voltage network using LEUTRON devices as an example. The instructions describe standard solutions for multistage surge protection systems. Please to a separate page to view details.
The book summarizes the notions of lightning protection mechanisms and its parameters necessary to design a lightning protection system. The book is useful for students and postgraduates specializing in the theory and practice of modern lightning protection.
Link to the full article.
This section contains the following articles about grounding and lightning protection:
- Grounding in permafrost
- Electrostatic painting equipment grounding
- Dissipation Array System technology
- Power transmission line pole grounding
- Wind load on lightning protection rods
- Antennas grounding and lightning protection
- Grounding for APCS
- TN-S, TN-C, TNC-S, TT, IT grounding systems
- Types of air terminals: mast, catenary wire and mesh cage
- IT grounding system Implementation options in residential buildings
- Equipotential bonding in SCS
- Information system grounding
- Medical equipment grounding
- Soil resistance and grounding
- Lightning protection of churches and temples
- Grounding and lightning protection of solar power systems (photovoltaic systems)
- What is neutral grounding?
- Copper-bonded steel and grounding
- Electrical safety in the "smart home"
- Processes during the exothermic welding
- Grounding of railway infrastructure facilities
- The reliability and efficiency of dissipation array device
- Equipotential bonding system
- What is lightning protection?
- Wooden house lightning protection
- Low voltage network (poe / ethernet) lightning protection
- Lightning protection and grounding gasoline filling station
2. Solutions for private houses
Instructions for the grounding of a single-family house based on off-the-shelf ZANDZ solution.
The instructions describe the benefits of
ZZ-6 grounding kit, and contain its comparison with angle bar-based ground electrode system. How to carry out simple and cost-efficient installation in a cottage / private house: read our instructions.
Full instructions, calculations and specifications for the installation of grounding and lightning protection in single-family houses, cottages or villas.
Please go to a separate page to view details.
3. Help for beginners
Terms and definitions
Basic information for those who decided to install grounding:
Detailed answers to frequently asked questions on grounding and lightning protection:
A series of articles about the lightning protection of surface facilities against direct lightning strikes and their secondary effects! Please go to a separate page to read answers to the key questions:
- Is it feasible to make lightning protection?
- Lightning strike as viewed by a firefighter
- Should we be afraid of lightning?
- After a lightning strikes into the earth
- Is lightning protection reliable?
- Why are down conductors necessary?