15.05.15 , , ,
It's not a secret that a properly executed external lightning protection system is able to protect your home from physical destruction in the result of a lightning strike. But how to protect electrical appliances, which are at risk from lightning impulse overvoltage? A complex approach is required here: in addition to the organization of external lightning protection, internal is also needed - SPDs.
It is not hard to choose SPDs for your private home /summer cottage! There is a complete guide on our site for organizing reliable surge protection of private house / cottage.
Устройство защиты от импульсных перенапряжений – surge protection device
The manual provides guidance for the facilities with different types of power supply:
1. Low-voltage power supply network protection:
- The house is equipped with external lightning protection system;
- The house gets power by an overhead line (there is no external lightning protection system);
- The house gets power by an underground cable (no external lightning protection system).
2. Protection of television and computer equipment:
- Analogue, digital and / or satellite TV;
- data transmission networks (Internet);
- other systems (video surveillance, burglar and / or fire alarm system, "smart home").
For each case the manual provides guidance on the limiter model and indicates a place of its installation, which makes the choice even easier.