Base pentrol centers refer to explosive and flammable objects. A lightning strike may bring to the inflammation of petroleum in the capacities and further to an explosion. That is why, it is important to perform a reliable lightning protection. Our objects are protected from lightning by free-standing lightning rods.
We offer you to get familiarized with our offer on this object
Lightning protection of a base petrol center in the Siberian Federal District.
Object: base petrol center in the Siberian Federal District.
Figure 1 - Plan of the object.
Task: Perform lightning protection and grounding system calculations for a base petrol center in the Siberian Federal District.
Solutions to meet the lighthing protection requirements for a base petrol center in the Siberian Federal District:
1. Lightning protection is carried out in accordance with ПУЭ 7-е изд., IS 153-34.21.122-2003 "Instructions for lightning protection of buildings, structures and industrial communications" (hereinafter IS) and Р AD 34.21.122-87 "Instructions for lightning protection of buildings and structures" (hereinafter AD). - SNiP 2.11.03-93 "Constructon rules and regulations for oil & oil products storages". Fire protection regularities (hereinafter SNiP) and AD 153-39.4-078-01 "Rules of technical operation for tanks of main oil pipelines and oil bases".
2. Fuel-lubes storage is an object that should be protected by external lightning protection. It is necessary to protect:
- horizontal tanks H=4m. In accordance with p.2.6 AD the protection zone should contain space, limited by the cylinder 2,5 m high and 5 meters in radius over the breething valves (p.2.18).
- engineering building and warehouse H=4m.
3. Required measures in accordance with the regulatory documents:
- In accrodance with chart 1 of AD, fuel-lubes storage refers to the II category of lightning protection, which means that the tanks may be protected both by free-standing and by lightning rods installed at the object..
Protection zone B of the AD is taken as a projective.
4. The lightning protection of the object is carried out with the help of 6 vertical free-standing lightning rods 16 m high (ZZ-201-016).
5. Grounding will be provided separately.
Chart 1. Calculation of lightning protection in accordance with B zone of AD 34
|Number of lightning rods||h||Hx1||Rx1||Hx2||Rx2|
Figure 2 shows the arrangement of equipment.
Table 2 gives the list of the required equipment and materials.
Figure 2 - Location of equipment for lightning protection of a base-petrol centre in the Siberian Federal District.
Table 1 - List of need in materials.
|1||ZZ-201-016||ZANDZ Vertical lightning rod 16 m (galvanized steel; with embedded fittings for placing under the foundation)||6|
Do you have any questions about lightning protection of a base petrol center? Please contact our ZANDZ Technical center!
- LIGHTNING PROTECTION OF THE MALY THEATRE
- LIGHTNING PROTECTION OF AN ELECTROTECHNICAL PLANT
- EXAMPLE OF CALCULATION. LIGHTNING PROTECTION OF A HOTEL IN SYRIA