Product items: GL-20015 / GL-20016
GALACTIVE active lightning rod with the advanced streamer emission responds to the growth of the electromagnetic field that arises when a storm front approaches.
The capacitors included into the GALACTIVE, are charged from the voltage induced by this field to the antennas of the device. Upon reaching of 12-14 kV on the capacitors, there happens the breakdown of arresters and formation of short fuses high-voltage pulse (more than 200 kW), the polarity of which is reciprocal to the polarity of the front. This pulse, advancing the formation of a "natural" leader initiates the "artificial" upward leader that develops at a much faster rate and to a greater distance, multiply increasing the protection zone of the lightning rod.
The main advantages of GALACTIVE active lightning protection:
- the protection zone of an active lightning rod greatly exceeds the protection zone of the conventional (passive) air terminal of a similar height.
- high level of protection *provided by the design of ALP, minimizes the probability of a lightning break and destruction of the protected object.
- active lightning rod - is a stand-alone device, that does not require connection to any power source.
- the device is activated only in case of an approaching storm front and presence of a real risk of a lightning strike.
* levels of ALP protection are defined in accordance with NF C 17-102 "Protection of structures and open areas against lightning using early streamer emission air terminals"
GALACTIVE active lightning rods with advanced streamer emission are presented in two versions:
1. GALACTIVE 1 (product item GL-20015) - is composed of two radiation electrodes;
2. GALACTIVE 2 (product item GL-20016) - is composed of three radiation electrodes, provides greater protection zone compared to GALACTIVE 1.
Selection of an active lightning rod
Selection of a specific model of GALACTIVE, necessary to protect your property, is carried out by two parameters:
- protection level required for the object; detailed instructions for determining the level of protection is given on a separate page.
- height above the protected object, where the installation of a lighting rod is planned.
Chart 1. Rp protection radius for Level I
Table 2. Rp protection radius for Level II
Table 3. Rp protection radius for Level III
GL-20015 / GL-20016 Weight: 2,9 kg Diameter: 200 mm Height: 320 mm
On the page "Active lightning protection" you can find the following information:
- The operation principle of active lighting rod with an advanced streamer emission.
- The algorithm for determining the level of protection required for a particular object.
- A sample list of components required for the organization of active lightning protection system.
GL-20015 (GALACTIVE 1) - 77 890,00 rbl.
GL-20016 (GALACTIVE 2) - 91 300,00 rbl.