was held on May 20, 2020
The second webinar of the series "SDP for Modern Low-Voltage System".
During the webinar, we will consider using SDPs in local networks and Ethernet hardware; study the history and logic of Ethernet development, and consider specifics of using copper cable lines and PoE technology.
The webinar is intended to provide for a wide range of designers, specialists of installing companies, and customers, special knowledge for choosing SDPs to protect local networks in the projects, tender bids, and customer requests.
- Local networks and Ethernet protocol. History of development, features and consistency of previous standards.
- Types and classification of the standard.
- Characteristics of signals at physical level and respective requirements to SDPs.
- Used cable types: UTP/FTP, categories. Relation between the SCS infrastructure and SDP types.
- PoE in local networks. History and development trends. Varieties of active equipment in terms of PoE classification and its relation to the SDP use.
- Circuitry of SDPs for Ethernet ports.
- SDP characteristics for PoE and PoE-free systems.
- SDP design and choosing the design option.
- Relation between the design solutions and SDP design; design options.
- SDP testing types and minimum characteristics.
The webinar is intended for: designers, sales specialists, integrators and customers of telecom systems (LAN, DTN, SS, SCS), safety systems (SFS, CCTV, ACS), automation, dispatcher, and administration (ADA) systems.
Speaker: Roman Petrov, Chief Project Engineer, SDP Developer, OOO Takhion, Saint Petersburg. 8 years of experience in designing and managing projects; 34 years of experience in development and operating of radioelectronic systems.