Mechanic shops refer to the 3 category of lightning protection according to AD. The designer or the customer will choose between the use of lightning rods or lightning mesh himself. The customer chose the latter for this object.
We offer you to get familiarized with our offer for this object.
Lightning protection of a mechanic shop in Salavat.
Object: mechanic shop.
Figure 1 - Plan of the object.
Task: Calculate lightning protection systems for a mechanic shop.
Solutions to meet the requirements for a lightning protection system of a mechanic shop:
- The events are carried out in accordance with IEC 7th edition. Chapter 1.7, IS 153-34.21.122-2003 "Instructions for lightning protection of buildings, structures, and industrial communications" (hereinafter IS) and AD 34.21.122-87 "Instruction for the lightning protection of buildings and structures" (hereinafter AD).
- The object refers to the III category of AD. System reliability must be not less than 0,9.
- The lightning protection of the object is made with the help of 4 vertical air-terminal masts 4 m high on concrete bases (GL-21521SS) placed on the roof and 1 vertical air-terminals masts 7 m high installed on a pipe.
- Steel copper-bonded wire d8 mm (GL-11149) is used as a down conductor (thickness of the copper bonding at least 70 mcm).
- Installation of down conductors is carried out with the help of GL-11711 clamp – on a flat roof, GL-11703А – on vertical surfaces. Distance between the clamps- from 0.8 up to 1.0 meter
- A universal clamp GL-11551A is used for connecting the mill products along the length and in the nods.
- All metal elements placed on the roof must be connected to the down conductor with the help of GL-11545 clamps. Stairs, railings are connected with the help of GL-11514 clamp.
- The existing grounding is used as a grounding device.
- If there are metal reinforce concrete framings, they must be connected to down conductors/ grounding device.
- Connection to the grounding device is carried out with the help of clamps ZZ-005-064.
Results of the calculation carried out with the software developed by the JSC "Energy Institute to the name of G.M. Krzhizhanovsky (JSC "ENIN"):
The density of lightning strikes into the ground - 4 strikes / sq. km per year.
The total number of strikes into the system in: 0.065 (once in 15 years).
The total number of breakthroughs is 0.0063 (once in 159 years).
Probability of breakthrough into all the system objects - 0.096.
System reliability – 0,904.
Figure 2 shows the arrangement of equipment.
Table 1 gives the list of the required equipment and materials.
|условные обозначения||Type Codes|
|молниеприемник мачта высотой 7 м на держателях||air terminal mast 7 m high on holders|
|молниеприемник мачта высотой 4 м на бетонных основаниях||air terminal mast 4 high on concrete foundations|
|проволока стальная омедненная диаметром 8 мм||copper-bonded steel wire 8 mm in diameter|
|универсальный зажим соединитель для проволоки||universal connector clamp for wire|
|опуск токоотвода||down conductor downdrop|
Figure 2 – Layout of equipment for lightning protection of a mechanic shop
Table 1 - List of need in materials.
|1.||ZZ-201-007-3||ZANDZ Vertical air-terminal mast 7 m high with a set of 2 fastenings to the wall (stainless steel)||1|
|2.||ZZ-202-002||ZANDZ Clamp to the lightning rod D42 mm for down conductors (stainless steel)||1|
|3.||GL-21121||GALMAR Air terminal mast (4.0 m on 3 concrete foundations; one-stage catenary wire support; galvanized steel)||4|
|5.||GL-11551A||GALMAR Clamp for connecting down conductors (painted galvanized steel)||10|
|6.||GL-11711||GALMAR Clamp on a flat roof for the down conductor (plastic, concrete)||120|
|7.||GL-11747A||GALMAR Clamp for the roof covered with metal profiles / corrugated sheets, for down conductor (painted galvanized steel)||80|
|8.||ZZ-005-064||ZANDZ Clamp for connecting conductors (up to 40 mm)||5|
Do you have any questions about lightning protection of mechanic shops? Please contact our ZANDZ Technical center!